Thursday, March 01, 2007

Content overload, few posts this week...and next

For the last five months I've been able to squeeze in (okay, on average that is) at least one post a day to follow our three website redesign web developments, but this week I've completely fallen of course. And it's not slowing down.

As we enter the production phase, the content needs have finally taken its toll on me. I can finally say - with great confidence - that we're no longer redesigning a site, but creating a new site - it feels good to say that out loud. Almost a new organization with all of our branding work too. Exciting, but a little daunting as the rubber has finally hit the road with the design build out. The April 6th deadline looms...

So, this week is a wash, and I'll be out of the office next week snowboarding (can't really complain there), pulling content from our 1100+ pages, and learning how to edit video using iMovie. I'm actually pretty psyched about that, but I wouldn't want to say that too loud.

2 comments:

Jacob said...

Good luck on the content, it is where most of our projects bog down.

It is also where the rubber meets the road. Many a well thought IA and design have to be revisited once the content is all there.

Chas Offutt said...

Thanks Jacob.

Re the IA and design being revisited? Yes, though expected, that's what I'm afraid of...

Much appreciated.